There’s a lot that I’ve been thinking about lately, and I would like to share some notes from a sermons & thoughts from my own journal, because the Lord is really highlighting something to me. I thought this post would mostly be rambling, but listen for the Lord’s voice in here to see what He is saying to you through me. If something touches you, I would love to know.
We have the chance to trust or hold back.
We have the chance to invest & flow or dam it up.
Don’t hold back the LOVE He gave you in order to choose SELFISHNESS.
“What you’ve done for the least of these, you have done for me.” (Matthew 25:40- The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’)
Thoughts from my journal 4-13-12
You know, I wonder if anything the Lord calls us to do should feel “easy”.
Is it “easy” to fight temptation and not sin?
Is it “easy” to keep your mouth shut when you want to say something you know is not of God?
Look at the things the Bible says,
“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.”
He’s talking about LOSING OUR LIVES here. Not just dying for Him, but actually doing difficult things day-by-day, the difficult things He has commanded us to do.
Christianity should not be “COMFORTABLE”. I mean, what are we seeking here? To live for Him or to live for ourselves!?
I have been living the wrong way!
How does one “comfortably” die to sin? Death is never comfortable.
For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts, (Romans 6:10-12).
“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
It’s almost like, if I hear God calling us to do something, it shouldn’t be something I think will easily fit into our life.
Our life need to fit into HIS! We need to be willing to change our lives based on what Jesus says!!
EXAMPLES of Jesus’ desire for us to change our lives in order to follow Him.
- The rich man who wasn’t willing to sell all he had and give it to the poor. As He said, “It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven” Matthew 19:23
- The disciples left everything to follow Him–their jobs, their families. And Jesus later told them this: And He said to them, “Truly I say to you,there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life.” (excerpted from Luke 18:29)
- There were people not permitted to be disciples because they were not willing to lay down their lives to pick up His lifestyle: “As they were going along the road, someone said to Him, “I will follow You wherever You go.” And Jesus said to him, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” And He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.” But He said to him, “Allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim everywhere the kingdom of God.” Another also said, “I will follow You, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those at home.” But Jesus said to him, “No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:57-62)
- “Now large crowds were going along with Him; and He turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
- Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
- For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who observe it begin to ridicule him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace.
- So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.” (Luke 14:25-33)
Have I counted the cost of following Christ!?
Colossians 3:3 “For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” My life should look like His.
“This is a difficult statement; who can listen to it?”
(–the disciples, John 6:60)
“for the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, ad there are few who find it.” Matthew 7:14