I set about listening for ten minutes tonight. 8:43-8:53pm.
- I saw a sea of candles in my mind’s eye. The wind moves the flames in harmony. It was a beautiful vision. The Bible says that Holy Spirit moves us where He wills (see John 3:8). I pray that we, the Church, will move in harmony as one in Jesus Christ. I want to see us being in harmony even with those we’ve never met and those we have yet to form a relationship with.
- Then I saw God’s hand reaching down to light the unlit candles, they were just waiting for His flame. I believe this represented people who did not know the Lord, but as He reached down to light their candles, to breathe on them, so to speak, they came alive with Him and fulfilled their purpose — bringing light to the world. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” (Matthew 5:14)
Here is something I felt the Holy Spirit saying to me – to you also:
“Your steps seem so slow, like you’re not making any progress. But it’s true you’re following after Me. You’re not veering to the right or to the left. Yes, your progress is slow, but still, it is there! I have not given up hope. I am renewing you day by day, as My mercies are new every morning. And I will birth the fruits of the Spirit in you – that’s why they are the Spirit’s fruits. They belong to Me and I will bring them to you.
Sometimes your sinful habits are just waiting to be broken by adding a righteous new habit in its place. Practice kindness when you’re angry, dance when you want to scream, kiss your husband when you want to shove him away. Put on music while you clean up spilled juice to distract your yourself. Things aren’t as bad as they seem when you put them in a different perspective and remember how much you love the people who are causing you “trouble”. (wink)
[I love that God just gave us practical tips!]
- “Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.” (Proverbs 4:27)
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
- “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
I hope that by sharing this you have been encouraged today.