“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the people of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding steadfast love.” (Psalm 103:1-8)
- What diseases are you suffering from?
- What iniquity (pattern of sin) are you struggling with?
- What do you need to be redeemed from?
The Lord will heal you. He will forgive you, redeem you, and crown you, with steadfast love and mercy. The Lord will satisfy you with good and renew your youth. You have only to ask and He will do it.
I’ve heard this quote from Max Lucado a number of times: “Jesus loves you where you are, but He refuses to leave you there. He wants you to be just like Jesus” (from his book- Just Like Jesus).
I believe that someone needs to hear this tonight. Is it you? Bring your struggles to the Lord. The verses below teach us that He will not abandon us and He will bring us to holy perfection. He wants you to be fully healed, fully redeemed, fully restored. He doesn’t want you to be in bondage to anything.
- Galatians 5:1 “It was for freedom that Christ set us free. Therefore, keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.”
- Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ”
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “He will not leave you or forsake you.” He is waiting to hear from you.
- Isaiah 30:18 – “Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you.”
- Isaiah 55:11 – “…so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”
- Psalm 94:14 – “For the Lord will not forsake His people; He will not abandon His heritage.”
- Psalm 138:8 “The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me.”
Search your hearts and give Him your struggles again.
Sometimes I think things like, “Haven’t I already talked to God about this enough? Surely He doesn’t care anymore. He would have already helped me. Surely He must not be listening.” Or “Why should I bother God with these feelings?” You and me need to remember that God searches our hearts – “I the Lord search the Lord and test the mind…” (Jeremiah 17:10), so we are able to speak freely to Him of our failures, our needs, our desires. He is surprised at nothing we reveal to Him, because He’s already searched our hearts. What a relief.
If you, like me, are struggling with something today that you are ashamed of, trust in the Lord. Come before His throne of grace, humble yourself, ask Him for forgiveness. Then ask Him for help. Tell Him what you need. Trust in Him to forgive, heal, redeem, crown, and satisfy you with good things (Psalm 103). He can do far more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). Tell Him your struggles, for He is mighty to save and to deliver you from all your afflictions (Psalm 34:19). Hallelujah.
And praise God, for revealing so much of Himself through His Word. I pray you will search the Scriptures and see the character of God. May He bless you and reveal Himself to you – He will come forgiving, healing, redeeming and crowning you. Hallelujah. Praise Jesus.